I’m hoping you’re going to like these apples a whole lot. I came up with this recipe while sitting in my Lean manufacturing class. I mean of course apples and baked goods have so much to do with deciding how many operators at machine one or the cycle time for making widget B. Hopefully no learning was truly sacrificed in the making of this recipe.
So here is the final product.
These are Apple-Cinnamon-Toffee-Streusel muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 TBS cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 2 TBS applesauce
- ~1/3 cup toffee bits (not chocolate coated)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Now the easy part:
- preheat the oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit
- mix the first 5 ingredients of the muffin component
- make a well of the dry ingredients
- add the remaining ingredients
- add the apples
- spoon batter into muffin papers
- top liberally with streusel
- Bake about 12 minutes (I never really time. Just touch the top and when it springs back you know they’re done)
- IMPORTANT: when putting the muffins in the oven reduce the temperature to 400 degree Fahrenheit
And this is me enjoying them. I had some leftover batter so I made this little cake. Let me tell you, when you bite into an apple in here it’s delicious! I think for next time I will adjust the sugars and probably reallocate some of the toffee. It tends to settle in one area so I will encourage it not to by careful sprinkles.
Well this is it. It’s been fun.I look forward to posting many more recipes. This one is just the beginning to something tasty.