A good friend of mine was coming over so I thought what a good opportunity to make a pizza. I looked up a few options like buffalo pizza, thin crust…etc butI decided to make a classic pizza with some olives and ricotta to make it a little more exciting.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3 cups white flour
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 package of yeast
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water ~105 degrees Fahrenheit
- can of small sliced olives
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 3/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- I combined the yeast, water, and sugar and let that sit for a few minutes. I then added the wheat flour and 2 cups of the white flour. Next I kneaded the dough for a few minutes and oiled a large bowl. I rolled the dough ball in the oil, covered with plastic wrap, laid a towel atop the dough, and placed the bowl in a warm location.
- Since this needed to rise I went to the gym and came back because waiting for an hour is not an easy thing to do.
- Next I oiled a pan lightly and coated it in the corn meal. I just rolled out the dough and my pizza was ready to be built. I lightly oiled the dough and put some Italian seasoning and onion powder on the dough. I mixed the ricotta, parmesan cheese to taste and salt and pepper. That mixture got flung onto the dough then the rest of the toppings were sprinkled.
Here are the pictures that narrate my activity.
We devoured that pizza. It was delicious.